Obama abandoning ‘mandated contraception’ ship
President Barack Obama is due to appear at a White House Press Conference in about an hour to reportedly abandon his mandated contraception order that he tried to put in place earlier this month. The move comes after Catholic leaders were outraged that the Pres. was trying to quote ‘make them leave their beliefs behind’.
The conference is scheduled for 12:15 p.m
- In battle for female vote, contraception kerfuffle could be a ‘total win’ for Obama (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- US ‘to change’ contraception rule (bbc.co.uk)
- Contraception Mandate a Profound Violation of Religious Freedom (usnews.com)
- Anonymous White House sources: Sebelius led fight for contraception edict, while VP Biden warned Obama about backlash from Catholic voters… (bloomberg.com)
- Why the White House Picked a Contraception Fight (politicalwire.com)