Showdown: Gov Chris Christie to face off with Democratic legislature over marriage veto
NEW JERSEY: Last night, controversial New Jersey governor Chris Christie kept his promise in vetoing a same sex marriage bill that the state’s legislation had already planned to have passed and immediately put into law.
Christie vetoed the bill just hours after it came to his desk, releasing a statement that depicted a Christie whom was strangely afraid of giving civil rights to his residents, whom again have been making fat jokes about Chris since yesterday.
The state’s democratic controlled legislation has promised to challenge the Gov’s veto in the coming weeks.
- N.J passes gay marriage bill; what will Chris Christie do about it? (bazaardaily.com)
- New Jersey Governor Christie Vetoes Same-Sex Marriage Bill (alan.com)
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill (freethoughtblogs.com)
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoes gay marriage bill as vowed (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- NJ Govenor Chris Christie vetoed same-sex marriage bill (haleybehre.wordpress.com)