NASA ‘We’ve been hacked thousands of times due to poor infrastructure’
Space experts (NASA) spoke before a committee today to discuss their valuable pieces of equipment and current amount of funding the possess to keep their business running.
NASA currently receives about $1billion in funding for all of their projects, expeditions, and missions combined. However only a measly $58million was spent on security, which officials say isn’t the best idea possible because they’ve been hacked numerous times because of it.
Do you think it’s NASA’s fault that their funding is going astray? Or do you believe the Government is at fault for getting involved?
- NASA: We’ve Been Hacked Thousands Of Times Because Of Inadequate IT Infrastructure (techcrunch.com)
- NASA skimps on cyber security, China hacks us regularly as a result (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- NASA Was Hacked 13 Times Last Year (mashable.com)
- NASA Space Station Codes Were on Stolen Laptop, Inspector General Paul K. Martin Says (the2012scenario.com)
- Stolen NASA laptop contained space station control codes (mnn.com)