Tornado cleanup begins: Death toll starts at 38
INDIANA: Tornado cleanup commenced yesterday evening across the nation’s midsection, and the death toll was slightly higher than expected as it rose to 38 from the unexpected severe weather across five states.
According to officials, more than 19 people died in Kentucky. 5 of those deaths occurred in one of the hardest hit towns West Liberty.
There, unfortunately was no building left untouched, the Associated Press reported, and rescuers felt the strain was they continued to dig through rubble as the evening wore on.
The storm system caused a reported 90 tornadoes to spawn throughout the east coast. Were you inside the storm? Got cool photos you’d like to share? Email us your citizen-photos & stories. Bazaardaily@gmail.com
- A state-by-state glance of tornado deaths (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ky. tornado death toll rises to 19 (newsok.com)
- Storm death toll up to 14 in Ky., 31 nationwide (newsok.com)
- Ky. Tornado Death Toll Rises to 19 (abcnews.go.com)
- Rescue and Cleanups Continue in Tornado Zone, 39 Dead (scientificamerican.com)