Entire football team sacked by coach during Olive Garden dinner
An entire Arena Football team was sacked by their coach last night during a pregame dinner according to YAHOO NEWS. The Pittsburgh Arena team which earned $400 per game (each) was all but happy to find out during there ‘All you can eat’ dinner that they would not be playing for their team again.
“Mid-statement, all the players got up and left,” former Power center Beau Elliott told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Every player got up and left while he was still talking. There were 15 to 20 angry, large individuals.”
The Union prior to the sack had demanded that the players see a 300% raise in their checks for playing for the league.
- Last Night’s Arena Football Season-Opener Was A Farce [Video] (deadspin.com)
- Snoop Dogg Announces Ownership In Lady Arena Football Team, Los Angeles Rideretts (heelsandhiphop.com)
- Arena football league players strike, teams promptly cut entire rosters (offthebench.nbcsports.com)
- Nighthawks drop indoor debut, 70-45 (knoxnews.com)
- You: WVU men’s basketball coach Huggins expects to get NCAA Tournament bid (menafn.com)