Panetta OK after attempted suicide bombing
AFGHANISTAN: U.S secretary Leon Penetta is apparently okay after an attempted suicide bombing at Britain’s main based in Afghanistan. According to The Mail Online, a man stole a NATO vehicle drove a ditch lighting both himself and the truck on fire before attempting to bring down Panetta with him.
Panetta was unarmed in the bizarre attack that literally ensued after the man who remains unnamed jumped out of his burning vehicle with apparent lighter fluid in tow and an intention to bomb Panetta’s plane.
- Sec of Defense Panetta Tells US Troops to Disarm After Assassination Attempt (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Panetta Targeted By Flaming Pickup On Arrival In Afghanistan (lezgetreal.com)
- Sarkozy wants to withdraw from Afghanistan immediately (bazaardaily.com)
- Suicide bombing hits Yemen (nation.com.pk)
- Panetta acknowledges troubling events in Afghanistan (alternet.org)