News Alert: Gay California man jockeying to stop deportation order
CALIFORNIA (DAILY NEWS) — A federal judge in San Francisco, Calif has put a deportation proceeding on hold as of last week for a gay California man who is actually an undocumented immigrant and married to a U.S citizen, according to the couples attorney.
Alfonso Garcia, 35, initially came to the U.S as a boy with his parents and his husband Brian Willingham, 37, are petitioning the federal immigration service to obtain legal residency for Garcia before time runs out. The two are legally married out of New York and legal registered domestic partners in California.
The next hearing is set for Oct. 25th
- California couple fight against deportation (ijrnews.com)
- Gay Married Man Could be Possibly Deported for Undocumented Immigrant Status (haleybehre.wordpress.com)
- DOMA: Another Married Gay California Couple Face Deportation (bilerico.com)
- S.F. Gay Couple Make Plea To Prevent One Partner’s Deportation (sfist.com)
- American man fights deportation of Mexican husband (latino.foxnews.com)