Which ‘Hunger Games’ star just confirmed he won’t return for the sequel?
The Hunger Games has currently made more than $301million in the short time it’s been available in movie theaters — and in that time one of it’s prime members has announced that he will not be returning in it’s sequel due out for release Nov 22nd, 2013.
[Via Yahoo News].
“Despite recent speculation in the media, and after difficult but sincere consideration, I have decided not to direct Catching Fire. As a writer and a director, I simply don’t have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule.
I loved making The Hunger Games — it was the happiest experience of my professional life. Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise: they empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results. And contrary to what has been reported, negotiations with Lionsgate have not been problematic. They have also been very understanding of me through this difficult decision.”
- Video: Gary Ross Not Returning For Hunger Games Sequel – Find Out Why (popsugar.com)
- It’s Official: Gary Ross Will Not Be Directing ‘The Hunger Games’ Sequel ‘Catching Fire’ (screencrave.com)
- Gary Ross Officially Not Directing HUNGER GAMES Sequel CATCHING FIRE (geektyrant.com)
- Gary Ross Releases Statement Confirming He Won’t Direct THE HUNGER GAMES Sequel CATCHING FIRE (collider.com)
- Gary Ross Won’t Direct ‘Hunger Games’ Sequel (huffingtonpost.com)