AT&T ordered to pay Muslim $5million for harassment
KANSAS CITY, KANSAS: According to The Associated Press, a Kansas woman is 5,120,000 richer this morning after a judge awarded her that much in punitive damages after AT&T reportedly harassed her for years, even going as far as to ‘snatch her Islamic headscarf from her head, exposing her hair’.
Susan Bashir, converted to Islamic religion in 2005, and says since then she was bullied and harassed by AT&T and the abuse eventually boiled over in 2008 when they ‘ripped my headscarf from my head exposing my hair’.
What do you think? Have you ever been abused in the work-place? Share your thoughts below
- AT&T to pay Muslim woman $5M in harassment case (kansascity.com)
- AT&T to pay Muslim woman $5M in harassment case (onlineathens.com)
- AT&T to pay Muslim woman $5M in harassment case (heraldonline.com)
- Muslim To Get $5M In Harassment Case (myfoxdc.com)
- Muslim To Get $5M In Harassment Case (myfoxorlando.com)