New company tops Fortune 500 list
For a long while, Wal-Mart ruled the Fortune 500 list as the top earning store in the country, however according to Y! finance that is no longer the case as a gas station has beaten the chain by a mile this year marking the first time Wal-Mart hasn’t been in the top spot in almost 3 years.
Exxon’s revenues reportedly topped $400billion, literally, closely, and actually defeating Wal-Mart by a long run.
- You: Top 5 Winners and Losers on This Year’s Fortune 500 List (via SMB Metaweblog) (daveibsen.typepad.com)
- Exxon Mobil tops the Fortune 500 list (cbsnews.com)
- Winner of Wal-Mart’s ‘American Idol’-like contest is… (money.cnn.com)
- Domain Registrations by Several Fortune 500 companies and others. (cctld.dk)
- WAL-MART Fact Sheet (chicolocs.wordpress.com)