Bullied gay teen fights back: brings stun-gun to school
When you’re bullied in school, you’re probably not thinking about bringing things like a stun gun to school like say, 17 year old Darnell Young did. Young says he was the victim of severe bullying that once led him to consider suicide, until his mother Chelsie Grimes instructed him to go to school with a stun-gun she provided for him.
“I brought the stun gun ’cause I wasn’t safe,” Young says, adding that he finds his punishment unfair. “I didn’t use it on nobody. … All I did was raise it up in the air and went back to my class.”
Darnell has since been suspended from school facing possible expulsion. He was arrested after 6 kids cornered him while on school grounds threatening him, for simply raising his stun-gun in the air.
The school administration says they have ‘long warned Darnell to tone down his expression of his sexuality, as it provokes and leads bullies to say things regardless of the situation’.
Why is it school administrations feel the need to wreak stupidity amongst LGBT teenagers in school? Since when is a teenager not allowed to express themselves as they are, shouldn’t they feel safe in a place of education where they are suppose to be taught? Not bullied, and around administrators who aren’t even doing anything to protect them?
- Mom sends bullied teen to school with stun gun (640whlo.com)
- Mom sends bullied teen to school with stun gun (mega949.com)
- Mom sends bullied teen to school with stun gun (radio.woai.com)
- Indiana mom sends son to school with stun gun to confront bullies (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gay student faces expulsion after firing stun gun to ward off bullies (thegrio.com)