[Hot Today] @BarackObama comes out in support of gay marriage
In a long awaited emission from the President himself, he has finally come out in support of same-sex marriage today while being interviewed by ABC NEWS. Obama says that he fully supports same-sex marriage, which puts him head-to-head against Mitt Romney in the 12′ Presidential elections.
Obama speaking to ABC NEWS anchor Robin Roberts discussed his own views on same-sex marriage, those in fact that once made him oppose such a thing, but not anymore according to Obama himself.
“At a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama said in an interview with ABC News.
Obama is the first sitting p president to have ever come out in support of gay marriage, but will it hurt or help his 12′ bid?
- President Obama announces support for same-sex marriage (abclocal.go.com)
- President Obama to ABC News: ‘Same-sex marriage should be legal’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama publicly declares support for same-sex marriage (pri.org)
- Obama says he supports same-sex marriage (channel6newsonline.com)
- President Obama endorses gay marriage in ABC News interview (kansascity.com)