Police ordered to stand trial for beating ill homeless man to death
SANTA, ANA CALIF: According to court documents, the two officers involved in the fatal beating of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man whom was mentally ill at the time have been charged in the case with a number of different things.
Officer Manuel Ramos has been charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and Cpl. Jay Patrick Cicinelli was charged with involuntary manslaughter and felony use of excessive force.
The next hearing in the case is set for May 22nd.
- CCTV of California homeless man’s fatal police beating shown in court (telegraph.co.uk)
- Testimony to continue at hearing for CA officers (sacbee.com)
- California Police Officers Face Murder and Manslaughter Charges For Beating Death Of Mentally Ill Homeless Man (thinkprogress.org)
- ‘Help me,’ homeless man begs as cops fatally beat him in videotaped incident (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Justice For Kelly Thomas: The Trial, Almost One Year Later (squisheddiorama.com)