Top 10 Highest Paid TV Stars
With the recent news that Ashton Kutcher would be getting a raise after only one season on “Two and a Half Men,” it is apparent that television stars do pretty well for themselves. Reportedly, the former Mr. Demi Moore is getting an extra $25,000 per episode, for a grand total of $725,000 per episode, making him the high paid star on TV today.
Who else rounds out the list? Here are some of the highest paid actors on television this year.
1. Ashton Kutcher – Even though the $725,000 per episode he stands to make pales in comparison to what Charlie Sheen was making ($1.2 million per episode) he’s still number one in 2012.
2. Jon Cryer – Staying attached to a hit show for the last 10 years or so is a smart thing to do. As the hapless father of Jake Harper on “Two and a Half Men,” Cryer makes less than Kutcher, but he doesn’t have the pressure of carrying the show like Sheen and Kutcher.
3. Jim Parsons – As theoretical physicist, Sheldon Cooper on “The Big Bang Theory,” Parson’s is cashing in at $400,000 per episode.
4. Johnny Galecki – Plays Leonard, the roommate of Sheldon Cooper, on “The Big Bang Theory.” There are definite perks to being on a show that is consistently in the Top 10, as Galecki also makes $400,000 per episode.
5. Kaley Cuoco – Sensing a pattern here? Cuoco plays the love interest of Leonard on “The Big Bang Theory” and has managed to infiltrate the web of smart guys on the show, even though she’s a normal, girl next door. Cuoco also rakes in $400,000 per episode.
6. Tina Fey – As creator, writer, and lead star on “30 Rock”, Fey is making the most of her time on the small screen. Since leaving “Saturday Night Live” to helm the show, Fey pulls in a tidy $300,000 per episode.
7. Angus T. Jones – As the half-man in the title “Two and a Half Men,” the world has watched Jones grow up on the show as Jake Harper. He’s parlayed that into a nice payday, as Jones now makes $300,000 per episode as the son of Allan Harper.
8. Patrick Dempsey – As Derek Shepard on “Grey’s Anatomy,” Dempsey plays the brilliant surgeon who’s also known as “Dr. McDreamy” for his good looks. He makes $275,000 an episode.
9. Kate Walsh – As the ex-wife of Derek Shepherd on “Grey’s Anatomy,” Dr. Addison Montgomery thought it best to move out to California to join her own practice, and the TV show “Private Practice” was born. Walsh manages to pull in $275,000 per episode as well.
10. Christina Aguilera – As a judge and evaluator of talent on NBC’s “The Voice,” Aguilera uses her music industry acumen and personality to help guide unknowns into the pop music world. She receives $225,000 per episode, which overshadows the reported $75,000 per episode received by her fellow judges, Adam Levine, CeeLo Green and Blake Shelton.