[Scary] Student loses leg to flesh eating bug
ATLANTA, GEORGIA: According to reports, a University of Georgia student remains in critical condition this afternoon after she fell off a self-made zip-line at a friends home.
Aimee Copeland, 24, fell off a zip-line which landed her in the hospital after flesh-eating [yes, people flesh-eating bacteria] got into her leg due to a cut she endured from falling. Copeland remains in the hospital and has a split chance of living, compared to dying according to physicians.
Copeland’s father told local news affiliates that his daughter stopped breathing while being treated at one point, and had to be resuscitated, She has lost her entire leg.
On Thursday, the Atlanta City Journal reported that Copeland is recovering and ‘extremely coherent’.
- Flesh-eating disease leaves young woman in critical condition (vancouversun.com)
- Woman with flesh-eating disease remains critical (ajc.com)
- Woman battles flesh-eating disease after accident (kansascity.com)
- College Student Battles Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Zip Line Accident (newsfeed.time.com)
- University of West Georgia student loses leg to flesh-eating bacteria (wtvm.com)