WWII fighter jet found in Egyptian desert 70 years after disappearance of pilot
CAIRO, EGYPT: According to U.K Flight & Aviation officials, a fighter jet plane that was once flown by Flight Sgt. Dennis Copping, some 70 years ago has been discovered by a polish oil company whom happened to have been working deep in the heart of Egypt’s outrageously large desert.
Flight Sgt. Dennis Copping. disappeared from his plane some 70 years ago during a trip from one base to another in the territory to get his plane fixed and refueled.
Copping, was part of the Egyptian 260 squadron at the time he was trying to get his plane fixed. He was attempting to get it fixed and refueled leading up to what would then be known as the battle of El Alamein.
- Forgotten WWII fighter plane found in Sahara desert (itv.com)
- Never Before Seen World War II Fighter Plane Found in the Sahara Desert After 70 Years (gizmodo.co.uk)
- WWII Fighter Plane Found In The Sahara Desert After 70 Years (gizmodo.com.au)
- DISCOVERED: Crashed WWII fighter plane intact in desert (security.blogs.cnn.com)
- Never Before Seen World War II Fighter Plane Found in the Sahara Desert After 70 Years [Video] (gizmodo.com)