How did Mitt Romney do during his speech?
Romney didn’t use his speech to fully defend his own faith, and coyly hinted at Obama‘s track-record in his four years of office:
“What we have, what we wish we had–ambitions fulfilled, ambitions disappointed; investments won, investments lost; elections won, elections lost–these things may occupy our attention, but they do not define us. And each of them is subject to the vagaries and serendipities of life,” Romney said. “Our relationship with our Maker, however, depends on none of this…The best advice I know is to give those worldly things your best but never your all, reserving the ultimate hope for the only one who can grant it.”
- Mitt Romney’s Commencement Speech at Liberty University; Talks Marriage and Faith in America (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Mitt Romney gave the commencement address at Liberty University… (shortformblog.com)
- Romney Defends Marriage and Faith in Liberty University Speech (abcnews.go.com)
- Gary Bauer calls Mitt Romney’s Liberty University speech a “grand slam” (prnewswire.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Speech at Liberty University (slog.thestranger.com)