Iran threatening to sue Google
According to Iranian officials who appeared on state-ran T.V yesterday, it appears officials aren’t to happy with American internet giant Google Inc. Officials have sent a warning to Google, with a note that if the Persian Golf does not soon become labeled on their map system — the country will sue.
“Toying with modern technologies in political issues is among the new measures by the enemies against Iran, (and) in this regard, Google has been treated as a plaything,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said Thursday, according to state-run Press TV.
- Iran Lashes Out at Google Maps Over Gulf Nomenclature (mashable.com)
- Iran threatens to expel Afghan refugees if Kabul ratifies US strategic partnership (telegraph.co.uk)
- Iran Says Claims On 3 Islands Lack Political And Legal Authenticity (eurasiareview.com)
- Iran Says It Will Respond Forcefully To Any Foreign Attack (eurasiareview.com)
- Iran blasts world powers for their own contravention of the rules (todayonline.com)