George Zimmerman has quite the relationship with Sanford PD
According to CNN, George Zimmerman has a past — at least with the Sanford Police Department anyway. New details about his scathing review of the Sanford PD (in 2011) have emerged online and well, paint an entirely different picture of Zimmerman rather than what we may see on television itself.
CNN notes that in audio tapes retrieved from the time that Zimmerman reportedly rode in a police car with a-then Sanford Police Chief Zimmerman is heard criticizing the police department at one point, but then heard applauding their effort and professionalism at keeping the city safe.
Documents also however revealed that Zimmerman had once asked that the pension of the at-time Police Chief be revoked because emails sent by Zimmerman claim that the chief himself had taken numerous breaks, personally showed Zimmerman his ‘napping spots’, and even attended a going away party for a fellow officer while he was suppose to be on ‘duty’.
- Zimmerman complained about Sanford police in 2011 (kansascity.com)
- George Zimmerman rode with Sanford cops, ripped department – MiamiHerald.com (miamiherald.com)
- Zimmerman complained about Sanford police in 2011 (heraldonline.com)
- Travon Martin Case Update: Zimmerman’s Interactions with Sanford Police, Officials; Witnesses Change Stories (skydancingblog.com)
- George Zimmerman’s story continues to crumble (bazaardaily.com)