Hundreds turn out to protest N.C pastor who said gays should be electrocuted.
NEWTON, N.C: It’s unfortunate when someone feels the need to spew as much hate as Pastor Worley did in North Carolina, during one of his most recent sermons about sexuality and living by the bible.
Earlier today, hundreds of people turned out to protest what was said — chants of ‘Love not hate’ and ‘Jesus loves me’ could be heart in the crowds according to Daily News reporter Tyler Aarons.
These were Worley’s words:
“I figured a way out – a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers – but I couldn’t get it past the Congress,” Worley said during the sermon.
“Build a great big, large fence–50 or 100 miles long–put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed them. And you know in a few years, they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce,” said Worley.
- Congregation Voices Support For NC’s “Electrocute The Gays” Pastor (queerty.com)
- Protests planned after North Carolina pastor says gays should be put in concentration camps (news.nationalpost.com)
- Pastor Calls For Electrified Fence To Corral and Exterminate Gays (patheos.com)
- NC Pastor Worley: Wishing Gays Could Be Killed Since 1978 – AUDIO (towleroad.com)
- Pastor Worley has plan to get rid of ‘lesbians and queers’ (piedtype.com)