What Memorial Day means to me
I visit home to relive the memories he created, and the legacy he left behind risking his life to protect our country knowing his life was on the line doing so. See, this day means allot to me because my father was killed in the Iraq war some years ago.
Everyday I remember the sweet, interesting, moving stories he use to tell me coming home from being deployed. Even having been his 19 year old daughter, I felt like a kid seeing ‘Santa’ for the first time each and every-time he came home to his family.
I am now 28 and almost-married, when I think that he won’t be there to ‘give me away’ I don’t regret not having him there, because I know in my heart what he sacrificed is more important than anything.
Rest in peace my dear father, your daughter sure does miss you.
Would you like to share your story in Bazaar Daily News? Email us and let us know we’d love to hear: bmediagroup@Bazaardaily.com
- Memorial Day, We Remember (winepeeps.com)
- Weddings In The Dominican Republic (prweb.com)
- Your Monday Morning Motivation: Memorial Day (pushdumpfatbutton.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day 2012 (alaboutnothing.wordpress.com)
- What The Heck Does Memorial Day Have To Do With Internet Marketing! (williecrawford.com)