Lauryn Hill charged, possibly headed to jail
Soulful singer Lauryn Hill has officially been charged with evasion of taxes according to the IRS. The IRS filed charges in federal court against the singer for massive evasion of taxes during 2005-2007 in which they say the singer reportedly earned more than $1.5million and didn’t report it with proper tax forms.
If found guilt later this month Hill will spend a year in jail, and have to pay a $100,000 fine.
- Lauryn Hill Faces Jail Time Over $1.6 Million Dollar Tax Bill (allhiphop.com)
- Lauryn Hill faces federal tax charges (thegrio.com)
- Showbiz: Fugees’ Lauryn Hill could be jailed over alleged £1m tax case (dailyrecord.co.uk)
- Lauryn Hill Hit with Federal Tax Charges in N.J. (seattlepi.com)
- Lauryn Hill Lost One Against the Government! (perezhilton.com)