6 factors to discuss during George Zimmerman’s next bail hearing
SANFORD, FLORIDA: When George Zimmerman was first sentenced to jail time while awaiting trial, he subsequently deceived authorities into believing that he and his wife didn’t have the appropriate finances to dismiss any legal fees accumulated during the time — little did officials know they were lying the entire time.
Now, as of last week Zimmerman has been re-jailed for lying to officials about his financial means and could be free from jail once again on 29 if his attorney successfully argues that his client deserves to be free.
6 factors his judge will look at according to Florida law:
- The nature and circumstances of the offense charged.
- The weight of the evidence against the defendant.
- The defendant’s family ties, length of residence in the community, employment history, financial resources, and mental condition.
- The defendant’s past and present conduct, including conduct in court.
- The source of funds used to post bail or procure an appearance bond.
- Any other facts the court considers relevant.