New political issues arise in Egypt
CAIRO, EGYPT: A new wave of violence and disturbances erupted inside the city of Cairo today as the military ruled the parliament ‘invalid’. According to CNN, this means that the states parliament must immediately be dissolved as the military will now assume much-more control of the territory.
State TV reported that militia officials announced that by Friday they will announce an assembled 100 person team to write the countries new constitution.
- Egyptian court calls for parliament to be dissolved (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Egypt’s highest court declares parliament invalid (cnn.com)
- Egypt’s highest court declares parliament invalid (cantankerousgentlemen.wordpress.com)
- Egypt Hotel Reservations and Directions: Fairmont Heliopolis Luxury Resort in Cairo, Egypt (fairmont.com)
- Developing: Egyptian High Court Rules Former Mubarak Minister Can Compete for Presidency (commondreams.org)