Censored Michigan rep fights back after being barred for using the term ‘Vagina’
DETROIT, MICHIGAN: According to reports, Michigan rep Lisa Brown whom was barred this week from a Republican-led debate for using the term ‘Vagina’ has decided to fight back against her predominately led male contenders by performing the ‘Vagina monologues’ with a number of other female legislators.
Lisa Brown, Rep Gretchen Whitmer and other leading females will gather on the state Capitol tomorrow performing the monologues in protest of the over-reaction displayed by the male Republicans.
“No one is throwing these words around (in the Legislature) without a rational context. If these men can’t handle the debate about women’s bodies, they shouldn’t be taking away our rights” to abortion access, said state senator Gretchen Whitmer.
- Michigan women lawmakers to perform ‘Vagina Monologues’ at state capitol (rawstory.com)
- Frustrated Michigan lawmakers To Perform “The Vagina Monologues” on capitol steps (riehlworldview.com)
- Mich. lawmaker to help perform ‘Vagina Monologues’ (clickondetroit.com)
- Michigan Lawmaker Barred From Speaking After Saying ‘Vagina,’ To Perform ‘Vagina Monologues’ At Capital (thinkprogress.org)
- Michigan lawmakers barred from floor after ‘vagina,’ ‘vasectomy’ remarks (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)