Syria forms new government, fears of civil war apparent
HOMS, SYRIA: Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad issued a decree today, ordering the formation of a new government; and according to reports it will be headed by a key loyalist and a defense minister.
The decree comes just a day after Turkey announced that they will take ‘retaliatory actions’ against Syria amid the country admitting that they knowingly shot down of its fighter jets.
The U.N puts an estimated number of deaths at more than 14,000 since the uprising of Assad’s regime in March 2011.
- Assad to be offered clemency if he joins peace talks… (guardian.co.uk)
- Critical Importance of Syria (revivers.wordpress.com)
- Pro-dialogue priest expelled from Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- ‘Tell Brits to remove Cameron and see what happens’ – Assad’s adviser (rt.com)
- Syrian colonel defects in MiG fighter jet as world explores a way out for Assad (smh.com.au)