Hate Facebook? Here’s even bigger reason to now
Without proper announcement, Facebook coyly unveiled a new feature to its troubled website over the weekend. First reported by TechCrunch on Sunday, the new feature is a ‘list’ like function that shows who is around you or ‘nearby’ at any given time.
Well, let us point this out right now — for those that are ‘single’ and often find themselves bombarded with weird messages from creeps on Facebook, this is not a cool feature whatsoever.
Say, you meet a cute somebody at the supermarket and are like ‘We should TOTES be friends, your super cute’ little do you know, said person has probably already found you on Facebook and a little of your personal information too’
- Friendshake: Facebook’s New Mobile Feature For Finding People … – TechCrunch (techcrunch.com)
- Facebook quietly unveils ‘stalking app’ (cnn.com)
- Facebook adds Find Friends Nearby to mobile apps (slashgear.com)
- Make New Friends With Facebook’s Find Friends Nearby (webpronews.com)
- Facebook Now Lets You Find New Friends (abcnews.go.com)