RIM axing 5,000 workers, BlackBerry 10 delayed until 2013
The report shows that the company itself only shipped roughly 260,000 BlackBerry Playbook’s, while on the other side only shipping an estimated 7.8million BlackBerry smart phones in its latest financial quarter.
Sales inside the company are reportedly down 43% ($2.9billion) since the same quarter last year, where sales had once exceeded $4.9billion.
The company’s last hope for a boost in the mobile market, is none other than the BlackBerry 10 operating system — which now according to BB’s C.E.O is slated for an early 2013 release rather than the end of this year as expected.
- Let’s Face It, RIM Is a Total Disaster (allthingsd.com)
- RIM earnings expected to disappoint (cbc.ca)
- Beleaguered RIM to axe at least 2,000 jobs (macdailynews.com)
- RIM expected to announce major layoffs this week (thestar.com)
- Five questions about RIM ahead of earnings (business.financialpost.com)