Can the mysterious disappearance of Amelia Earhart ever really be solved?
According to a new expedition group — a formal expedition off the coast of Hawaii will be launched tomorrow in a new attempt to solve the mysterious disappearance of legendary aviator Amelia Earhart.
“Meanwhile, the technical staff is very glad of the extra day,” a recent blog post from the group said. “There are always glitches, stuff that doesn’t work quite the way it should, tests that need to be run, toothpaste to be bought, and the additional time will allow for these issues to be resolved while still in port where there are stores and cell phones and other markers of modern civilization.”’
The International Group of Historic Aircraft Recovery has previously launched an additional 8 expeditions over the course of 24 years in attempt to uncover remains, or even clues that may eventually lead to the discovery of what really happened to Earhart, the woman responsible for pioneering plane flying throughout the 1900′s.
- Amelia Earhart: 75 years later, a new search (cbsnews.com)
- Expedition To Search For Amelia Earhart’s Lost Plane (npr.org)
- Do clues to Amelia Earhart mystery lurk beneath the sea? (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Searchers hope to find clues in waters at island where Amelia Earhart may have died (foxnews.com)
- Crews search for Amelia Earhart remains (abc15.com)