Florida lifeguard offered job back; respectfully declines
SOUTH FLORIDA: When a lifeguard attempts to save a drowning mans life you’d think he’d be hailed a hero, and was, sort of. However, when Tomas Lopez stepped out of his boundaries to save a mans life — he came out losing his job all together.
Tomas has now spoken out at an attempt by his former lifeguard employer to get him to return to work.
“It’s another chapter in my life closed and I am just going to continue to get my schooling finished and get on with my career,” Lopez told CNN.
- Fired Lifeguard Offered His Job Back – And He Says No (people.com)
- Fired Fla. Lifeguard Offered Job Back, Says No (abcnews.go.com)
- Lifeguard Fired for Attempting to Rescue Drowning Man [Rescues] (gawker.com)
- Fired lifeguard declines offer to get job back (lfpress.com)
- Fired Florida lifeguards won’t take jobs back – CBS News (cbsnews.com)