Facebook sinks millions into thousand foot underwater cable
Facebook, dear Facebook, how do you explain Facebook in one term and only term only? Unpredictable. Even though the social networking giant continues to rack up controversy over some of its business practices the company continues to sideline said controversy in exchange for a few ‘Ooohs and awhs’.
According to NEWSER, the company has already purchased a $450million underwater internet cable that will extend from the country of Malaysia into countries like Asia (and such) and even increase speeds to connect to North America.
The move according to Facebook insiders is an attempt to ‘reduce the reliance on Singapore in that area of the world’.
- Facebook invests in underwater Internet cable for Asia (geeky-gadgets.com)
- Facebook Sinks Millions Into Underwater Internet Cable (newser.com)
- With Eyes on Asia, Facebook Invests in Underwater Net Cable (techinasia.com)
- Facebook Backs Asian Underwater High-Speed Cable Initiative (webpronews.com)
- Facebook Invests In Asia With Underwater Internet Cable (allfacebook.com)