PS4 specs: Specs of new gaming system hit the net
In the world of gamers, you’d probably hear squeals right about now. According to new published reports, specs of a new ‘Ps4′ have been released.
Daily News has confirmed that these are not the final specs of the Ps4, tread lightly.
- 4 core (2 core pairs) 3.2 GHz AMD x86 (Steamroller)
- aggregate, 10x PS3 PPU performance
- 512 KByte L2 per core pair
- 64 bit pointers
- AMD R10x series GPU @ 800 MHz (Tahiti)
- aggregate 10x RSX performance, 1.84 TFlops
- cheap branching
- 18 compute units, focus on fine grained compute & tessellation
- 2 GByte UMA, pushing for 4 GByte
- 192 GByte/ sec non-coherent access for e.g. GPU
- 12 GByte/ sec coherent access for CPU
- >50% longer memory latency for CPU/ GPU compared to PC!!!
- DXT is lowest bpp texture compression format
- 50 GByte BD drive
- PCAV, between 3.3 and 8x BD, most likely clamped to 6x
- automatic background caching to HDD
- HDD SKU with at least 380 GByte
- downloadable games
- video encoder/ decoder
- audio processing unit, ~200 concurrent MP3 streams
- HW zlib decompressor