Judge throws out Armstrong lawsuit
The judge ‘laughed in the cyclists face’ after Armstrong claimed that this entire fiasco was an attempt to ‘hype up publicity around the case’.
This court is not inclined to indulge Armstrong’s desire for publicity, self-aggrandizement, or vilification of defendants, by sifting through 80 mostly unnecessary pages in search of the few kernels of factual material relevant to his claims,” the judge wrote, adding that “contrary to Armstrong’s apparent belief,” court filings are not “press releases, internet blogs or pieces of investigative journalism.” He gave Armstrong 20 days to refile the lawsuit without “any improper argument, rhetoric, or irrelevant material.”
- Lance Armstrong’s lawsuit thrown out (cnn.com)
- Armstrong’s suit dismissed (iol.co.za)
- Lance Armstrong’s lawsuit against USADA dismissed (cbc.ca)
- Judge dismisses Armstrong’s suit to block doping charges (sports.yahoo.com)
- Armstrong files lawsuit (iol.co.za)