Target: Are you really ‘Fair’?
When news made its rounds that Target wouldn’t carry Frank Ocean’s ‘Channel Orange’ speculation grew that the retail giant had once again returned to its ‘anti-gay’ ways of operating.
Alas, that in some ways appears to be true. Initially Target claimed that the early release was what decided Ocean’s ultimate fate inside of the store, however a quick gander at albums released this year shows that Jay-Z & Kanye West’s ‘Watch the Throne’ was also ‘exclusively released early’ but still sold in Target stores nationwide.
So what’s the issue with Frank’s? There’s only one explanation for it, and I really don’t need to spell-it-out.
- Target Will Not Stock Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange (thefader.com)
- Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange: Why Target Won’t Carry It – Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com (thehiltonburnellfiles.wordpress.com)
- Frank Ocean declares he is (gay?) ‘My first love was a man’ (bazaardaily.com)
- Did Target Refuse To Sell Frank Ocean’s Album Because He’s Bisexual? (clutchmagonline.com)
- Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange: Why Target Won’t Carry It (mtv.com)