Springsteen, McCartney cut off by London curfew
When the powers out, the show must rage on; just ask Beatles legend Paul McCartney and fellow music legend Bruce Springsteen. The music pair spent their weekend performing in London’s Hyde Park, whereas the show was literally cut short by about 30 minutes after London’s council confirmed that concert organizers cut off power to keep in lieu with local laws.
The concert was due to end at 10:15 p.m local time, but went over, and resulted in being cut-short to keep closely to the required curfew for public events like the show they performed in Hyde Park.
Calls to McCartney went unanswered.
- Bruce Springsteen And Paul McCartney Unplugged Breaking London Curfew (noise11.com)
- Bruce Springsteen cut off after long gig in Hyde Park (itv.com)
- Rock royalty silenced by sound curfew at Hyde Park gig (itv.com)
- Sir Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen silenced by noise curfew (telegraph.co.uk)
- Born to overrun – Springsteen dancing in the park (henrytapper.com)