Bad News: Boy Scouts still largely a group of homophobes
According to CNN, the Boy Scouts Organization has decided to ultimately keep its ban on open homosexuals within its organization. After a two-year evaluation, the group finally decided to end its decision-meeting-process against a complaint filed that wanted to end its discrimination against gays.
“The committee’s work and conclusion is that this policy reflects the beliefs and perspectives of the BSA’s members, thereby allowing Scouting to remain focused on its mission and the work it is doing to serve more youth,” the statement said.
“The vast majority of the parents of youth we serve value their right to address issues of same-sex orientation within their family, with spiritual advisers, and at the appropriate time and in the right setting,” said Bob Mazzuca, BSA’s chief scout executive.
- After review, Boy Scouts reaffirm ban on gays – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Boy Scouts reaffirm ban on gays as members, leaders (washingtontimes.com)
- Boy Scouts: Gay Ban ‘Best Policy’ for BSA [Boy Scouts] (gawker.com)
- APNewsBreak: Boy Scouts Reaffirm Ban on Gays (abcnews.go.com)
- Boy Scouts of America reaffirms ban on gays, calling it ‘absolutely the best policy’ (pennlive.com)
- Boy Scouts Keep Ban On Gay Participants, Leaders (huffingtonpost.com)