U.S House raises more than half a billion dollars
According to a report published in POLITICO, House speaker John Boehner has reportedly raised more than $556million in ‘campaign war funds’. Boehner is one of many politicians making endless pleas for financial gains in the ’2012 politi-any race’ as the days you could actually win a political race on real factors [better yet, the cheap] are long gone.
Politico further notes that incumbents and ‘challengers’ are enticing ‘big time donors’ even further than before by convincing them cutting a personal check for far more than the typical $1,000 P.A.C donation is considerable.
What do you think? Do you think fundraising is good for politics?
- Pelosi becomes Dems $300M woman (thehill.com)
- Small Business Tax Cuts Die In Senate Feud (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boehner vs. the people (prairieweather.typepad.com)
- GOP lawmakers to Boehner: Defund Obamacare now! (wnd.com)
- Jimmy Kimmel presents crying ‘Boehner Baby’ doll (rawstory.com)
- Lets Cut Food Stamp Assistance While Giving Millionaires/Billionaires A Tax Cut (theobamacrat.com)