Attacks threatening grip on Al-Assad’s tight Syrian grip
SYRIA: When a mass explosion killed numerous members of Bashar Al-Assad’s senior ‘entourage’ the world started to talk, and now experts are too. Experts have come forth saying the killings wreak a massive loss for Al-Assad; some even saying his grip on power has now significantly loosened as some killed were actually members of his family.
- Inside Syria: Top Syrian official killed in major blow to Al-Assad regime (bazaardaily.com)
- Top level bodyguard assaults Syrian defense minister (english.ruvr.ru)
- Al-Assad’s brother-in-law killed in Damascus blast (english.ruvr.ru)
- Syrian Ministers killed by blast (english.ruvr.ru)
- Exclusive interview: why I defected from Bashar al-Assad’s regime, by former diplomat Nawaf Fares (telegraph.co.uk)
- Syrian defense minister killed (cnn.com)