Eagle Scout sent packing after revealing he is gay
ST JOSEPH, MO: When the Boy Scouts of America deliberated that they were going to keep their long-standing anti-gay policy barring men from openly serving in their organization, one mighty young fellow decided to go against the grain eventually losing his summer employment.
19 year old Eric Jones was terminated from his employment at Camp Ginger yesterday following a brave and bold announcement that he was gay, which returned remarks from camp officials ordering him to pack his things and leave the camp immediately.
Jones wasn’t available for comment, and due to Daily News being a ‘gay’ organization the BSA refused to speak to us.
- Missouri Boy Scout kicked out of camp for being gay (wtvr.com)
- Missouri Boy Scout Kicked Out of Camp for Being Gay (fox4kc.com)
- Missouri Boy Scout Kicked Out of Camp for Being Gay (fox2now.com)
- Missouri Boy Scout Allegedly Kicked Out of Camp for Being Gay (fox8.com)
- Missouri Eagle Scout Comes Out as Gay, Loses His Job as Boy Scout Camp Counselor (towleroad.com)
- Boy Scouts Upholds Ban on Gays After Confidential Two-Year Review (towleroad.com)