Dark Knight Rises premiere turns deadly; gunman kills 12 injures 38
COLORADO: According to local authorities, a total of 14 people are dead whilst an additional 38 are wounded in hospital care; after an armed shooter opened fire during last nights premiere of Dark Knight Rises premiere.
Witnesses told Daily News that the shooting occurred around 12:30 a.m local time and almost immediately became deadly. The shooter identified as 24-year-old James Holmes, whom reportedly brought a handgun, a rifle, bulletproof vest, and a smoke bomb to the theater he attacked.
Additional reports cite that Holmes threw a smoke bomb through an exit door before making his entrance killing dozens of people.
Movie theaters around the globe are now beefing up security to safeguard and prevent any injuries or serious events that may happen whilst the premiere is going on.
The Paris Premiere s been cancelled.
- Mass Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Premiere (kotaku.com)
- Shooting Rampage at Dark Knight Rises Showing in Colo.; 14 Dead (newsfeed.time.com)
- 14 Killed, 50 Injuried in Midnight Massacre of ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Premiere in Colorado (nymag.com)
- 14 Dead, 50 Injured After Late Night Shooting at ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Screening in Colorado: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Eff A Coldhearted Thug: 14 Dead And 50 Injured After Gunman Opens Fire In Aurora, Colorado On “Dark Knight Rises” Theatregoers (bossip.com)