NCAA drops massive penalties on Penn State
When it was discussed, it actually happened. According to reports, just a few short hours after CBS announced that Penn State would purportedly be hit with massive fines to the tune of $30million; the NCAA reportedly hit back with $60million, a 4 year bowl ban, a 4 year scholarship ban, and vacating all wins from 1999-2011.
This means that the NCAA has stripped Joe Paterno of his legendary football credentials as he is now no longer the ‘winningest’ coach in history.
- College football: Death penalty possible for Penn State, NCAA president says (buckeyextra.com)
- Death Penalty For Penn State? NCAA President Figuring Out ‘Right Penalties’ (sbnation.com)
- NCAA President Not Ruling Out ‘Death Penalty’ For Penn State Football (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Opening the Ears and Eyes of the People Regarding Penn State (bleacherreport.com)
- NCAA chief says death penalty is a possibility for Penn State football program (pennlive.com)