Inside Syria: Syrian city bombed by fighter jet
According to local T.V affiliates, the city of Allepo was bombed yesterday evening by fighter jets and warplanes belonging to President Bashar Al-Assad as a final bid to regain control of his violence stricken country.
Activists say the Old City of Allepo is currently under attack by several sorts of planes whilst President Bashar Al-Assad remains to be hidden.
The rebels have moved to try and liberate downtown after taking over the neighbourhoods of al Sakhour, Masaken Hanano, Tariq al Bab, al Sheikh Najajr and al Ard al Hamra in the east and Saladin in the west,” an opposition activist in Majed al Nour said.
- Syrian jets pounding bombs on Aleppo, residents claim (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Syria conflict: Assad troops hit back in Aleppo – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Fierce fighting in Aleppo as fighter jets reportedly deployed (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Fighter Jets Screech Above Aleppo, Syria’s Largest City (npr.org)
- Fighter Jets Screech Above Aleppo, Syria’s Largest City (wnyc.org)
- Intelligence blackout on Syria prevented Turkish retaliation for downed jet, Russian paper says (timesofisrael.com)