Chik-a-Fila caught impersonating teen girl to drum up sympathy on Facebook
When Chik-a-Fila and its affiliates decided to voice their opinion against gay marriage, they probably didn’t think that they’d soon find themselves in the middle of a nationwide public backlash.
The ever-so-popular chicken chain apparently feels the need to step into the political ring, but didn’t actually think of the consequences. As first spotted by our own Carlos Renaldo, Chik-a-Fila was caught over the weekend pretending to be a teen girl [they were even caught using stock images by a few smart users with a keen-eye].
The backlash has caused some of the nations biggest and most respected companies to pull out of partnerships with the chicken-joint, even an iconic toy maker who Chik-a-fila attempted to claim that the toys were only pulled because of safety hazards.
- The Chik-Fil-A PR Nightmare (geekalabama.com)
- Love It or Hate It? Paris Hilton’s Feeling Fila (bellasugar.com)
- Chicago alderman blocks Chik-fil-A (ajc.com)
- More leadership on Chik-fil-A out of Chicago (queerlandia.com)
- Chik-fil-A sponsoring organizations of hate (ismaelmelendez.wordpress.com)