Colorado judge bars Univ. of Colorado from releasing James Holmes documents
AURORA, COLORADO: According to the Los Angeles Times, District Court Judge William Blair Sylvester banned the media from obtaining any further documents in the case against accused Batman killer James Holmes yesterday.
Sylvester reportedly decided to issue a gag order in the case after Foxnews.com reported that Holmes purportedly sent a notebook full of plans to kill people to a school shrink that was on campus at the University of Colorado.
Media exposure of the case has taken a hit due to the order.
- Colo judge bans release of suspect’s univ. docs (heraldonline.com)
- Holmes position as top Univ of Colorado student investigated by Uni officials (bazaardaily.com)
- Aurora theater shooting: Judge bans release of James Holmes’ university documents (abclocal.go.com)
- Report: James Holmes sent plans notebook to shrink (bazaardaily.com)
- Colo judge bans release of suspect’s univ. docs – Boston Globe (boston.com)
- Amended gag order issued in Aurora theater shooting case (denverpost.com)