Coming to you: Cities nationwide open up ‘smaller Targets, Wal-Marts’
According to NEWSER, cities around the United States have begun to take heed to the younger generations demand for ‘easier access to department stores, and other such commodities’ since a good portion of the younger generation in this country doesn’t have an actual car; the new ‘smaller’ stores cater to those who need to purchase things that can easily be carried on transportation services like a subway.
Trust us when we say this. We’ve already visited the latest store in Seattle, it’s freaking amazing.
- Retailers Expand Into Cities by Opening Smaller Stores (nytimes.com)
- Loblaw Takes Retail Fight to US With Joe Fresh Bet – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Target’s hiring boom poised to roil Canada’s retail market (business.financialpost.com)
- Wal-Mart: What Will the Next 50 Years Bring? (fool.com)
- BEST OF THE WEB: Wal-Mart: 50 Years of Gutting America’s Middle Class (sott.net)