London Olympics: My first big U.K event
Tonight was a magical night for me — I along with my brothers, sisters, and co-workers sat amid the chaos that was the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics.
I was enthralled to be in such a lovely place, athletes, celebrities, (David Beckham), everybody you could think of was just having an absolute ball cheering on their favorite icons as they took center stage during the torch lighting as the ceremony had started.
These games truly make me feel at home; to be included in such a wonderful culture. I’ve been here in London a little less than a month and some weeks, and I’m already working on becoming a permanent resident.
It’ll truly feel like home when we have our beloved Derick back on his home turf where he belongs. The games would be so much more amazing, if he were here.
- London 2012 Olympics: Michelle Obama travels to London to support Team USA and promote youth sport interest (standard.co.uk)
- Opening ceremony role for Beckham (bbc.co.uk)
- Build-up to London 2012 Olympic Ceremony – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- London 2012 Olympics: Forty protest groups to target “corporate dominance” of Olympics (standard.co.uk)
- London 2012 Olympics: Muhammad Ali’s electrifying aura whips up an Olympic frenzy at awards ceremony (telegraph.co.uk)
- America looks forward to London Olympics (itv.com)