Twitter suspends page of NBC critic
Its a harsh harsh world, in 140 characters that is. A heavily vocal critic of NBC [Guy Adams] found himself without a Twitter page yesterday after he openly took to the social network bashing NBC and its host for its seriously-crappy television coverage of the Olympic Games.
“Am I alone in wondering why NBColympics think its [sic] acceptable to pretend this road race is being broadcast live?” he wrote in one.
“Matt Lauer: ‘Madagascar, a location indelibly associated with a couple of recent animated movies,’” he mocked on another.
Turns out it wasn’t actually the harsh tweets he directed towards NBC that got his account suspended; Adams apparently decided he was cool and wanted to tweet the e-mail address of an NBC executive and ended up without a Twitter page.
- NBC’s Olympic Opening Coverage Panned (huffingtonpost.ca)
- NBC lambasted over banal butchering of opening ceremony – and rightly so | Emma G Keller (guardian.co.uk)
- Opening Ceremonies: Still Quite Delayed (blogs.wsj.com)
- Olympic Viewing: NBC Critics Loud on Social Media (abcnews.go.com)
- Whitney Cummings’ Twitter Page Hacked (huffingtonpost.com)