London Olympics: Chinese teen denies doping; wins gold
When Ryan Lochte lost to Ye Shiwen in the 400 meter medley; the talk of the Olympics quickly became about the now 16-year-old world champion. Speculation of ‘drug doping’ quickly began forming after it was revealed just how fast Shiwen was swimming during the race, better yet, she knocked off an entire 5 seconds [besting] her previous performance.
The speculation actually started after BBC presenter Clare Balding began to discuss Shiwen on national U.K television asking her co-host ‘How many questions will there be Mark, about a person who could suddenly swim so much faster than they’ve ever swum’?
Did you watch the games? What do you think? Weigh in below with your thoughts
- Usa Attacks China Over Supergirl Swimmer Faster Than Any Man! (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Chinese whispers (theage.com.au)
- London 2012 Olympics: Clare Balding questions Ye Shiwen’s incredible swim (telegraph.co.uk)
- London 2012 Olympics: China hits back over Ye Shiwen’s record swims (standard.co.uk)
- ‘Hands like buckets’ (smh.com.au)
- London 2012 Olympics: Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen is clean, insists British Olympic chief (standard.co.uk)