Teen found shot to death in the back of a police car: FBI joins investigation
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS: According to The Huffington Post, a malicious murder took place earlier this week prompting the Federal Bureau of Investigations to quickly become involved after further details in the murder of 21 year old Chavis Carter continue to trickle out.
According to the Huffington Post:
“We’ve been asked to get involved,” Kim Brunell, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s Little Rock office, told The Huffington Post on Thursday. The bureau’s ballistics experts will join the probe, she said.
Reports say that the two officers who discovered Carter slumped over in the back of their police cruiser have been placed on administrative paid leave, until the investigation is complete.
A preliminary report is expected on Monday.
- FBI Joins Investigation Into Death Of Handcuffed Suspect Who Cops Claim Shot Himself (hiphopwired.com)
- Man Shot While Handcuffed: FBI Investigating (theroot.com)
- Chavis Carter handcuffed-shooting case now under supervision of FBI (guardian.co.uk)
- Handcuffed Arkansas man shot to death in the back of police car (EndtheLie.com)
- Chavis Carter case latest: FBI ‘monitoring’ investigation, dash cam video and more (thegrio.com)
- FBI Joins Investigation Into The Chavis Carter Death (mediaanarchist.wordpress.com)