Weigh in: Was NBC’s ‘Monkey ad’ really racist?
When Gabby Douglas took home gold in the all-around competition, something abruptly wasn’t right, NBC stopped televised footage of the teens winning moment to air a monkey dressed in an Olympic outfit doing his business.
Since the ad aired [which is actually for one of the networks bizarre T.V shows] NBC has been forced to apologize for the simple fact some say the monkey airing was nothing short of racist considering Douglas is African American.
- Racist? NBC Airs Monkey Gymnast Ad Right After Gabrielle Douglas Coverage [Video] (bossip.com)
- Did NBC Just Air An Extremely Racist Commercial? (buzzfeed.com)
- Dear Black People: Just Because You See a Monkey on Tv Doesn’t Mean It’s Racist (insaneasylumblog.com)
- Monkey follows olympic gymnast (myvuze.wordpress.com)
- Did NBC Air Racist Monkey Commercial After Gabby Douglas Olympics Gold Medal? (sidewalkschalk.com)
- NBC Denies Any Racial Offense Was Meant By Olympic Monkey Promo (mediaite.com)